Max Power Adventures
Max Power Studios
Max Power Studios is a young independent video game company based in Montreal, founded in 2011 by Maxime Gendron and Yves Le Borgne. Their first game, Max Power Adventures, was released in 2012. This game sets the stage for a series of fun and humorous RPG and strategy games.
As an independent mobile game development studio without any previous marketing experience, the client reached out to ComboApp before the release of Max Power Adventures to build up an effective marketing campaign meant to be launched in conjunction with the release of the client’s app onto the App Store. Their goal was to get Max Power Adventures into a TOP 50 listing of the RPG subcategory. The game itself is a comically driven role playing game that sees players rollick their way through fifteen levels of intensely fun arcade battle action.
ComboApp spent a long while discussing possible marketing angle with which to approach this project together with the client. After some deliberation and market analysis efforts we decided on a custom publicity plan which utilized an array of different sub-services to achieve the client’s desired goals. As part of Max Power’s marketing campaign we utilized the following services:
- Creation and distribution of a custom Video App Demo
- Executed mainstream promotional actions via YouTube
- Fulfilled our signature ‘Guaranteed Submission to 10 major review websites’ service to get Max Power into the hands of app reviewers. This was done in conjunction with our more broad-based ‘App Submission to 50
- Review Websites’ service to ensure complete coverage.
- Engaged in promotions via a custom Facebook Fan Page
- Helped kick-start the app’s growth via generation of 100 unique downloads
Shortly after implementing our aforementioned array of marketing services for the client’s Max Power Studios mobile iOS game, their title broke into the TOP 50 list status they had wanted to achieve. Specifically, the app peaked as the #35th most popular application in Apple’s esteemed iPhone Role Playing Games subcategory on June 1st, 2012. As an added bonus the game became popular enough amongst app shoppers that it was able to chart as the #68th most popular Strategy Game as a whole on the App Store on this same day.